UK Sees Standout Job Growth in September
The UK saw a standout 9.8% growth in vacancies last month, suggesting that the labour market is remaining strong. This is according to the latest data from job board CV-Library, which compared its job market data from September 2016 to data from August 2016.
The top ten cities for job growth were as follows:
Glasgow – 41.4%
Sheffield – 34.4%
Brighton – 32.5%
Cardiff – 29.7%
Manchester – 25.4%
Birmingham – 22.6%
Hull – 21.9%
Leeds – 13.4%
Edinburgh – 7.6%
Liverpool – 6.7%
The report shows that post-brexit confidence remains high, which is excellent news for hirers and candidates alike.
- Facebook adopt Twitter hashtags
- Circle confirmed as No.1 advertiser in UK!
- Japanese recruitment giants are expanding
- Weird and wonderful questions asked in interviews!
- Circle to remain on the Cloud
- Criminal Records Check procedures deemed unlawful
- Number of UK Jobs Increases - again
- 2012/13 UK Recruitment Turnover Grows by 3%
- 25% of Recruiters Concerned by Skills Shortage
- Salary rises planned in 2014
- More than £30K to replace staff, report finds
- Circle partner with Rische Group for New Office Design
- Candidate Shortage as UK Recruitment Booms
- 1 in 3 Feel Boss Favours Those who put Work Before Family
- Recruiters React to Scottish No Vote
- London Vacancies up more than 50%
- Recruitment Industry Value hits All Time Peak
- Press Reaction to Circle New Office
- Circle achieve Investors in People award
- Investors in People choose Circle for Article on Strong Employer Brands
- Circle Endorses Consultants with IRP Accreditation
- Nearly Half of UK Business Suffering Skills Shortage
- UK Recruitment sees third year of growth
- Staff Availability Falls in August 2015
- Circle finish above BBC and ITV to win MediaCity Football League
- 55% of UK Businesses suffering Skills Shortage
- Work from Home, or Pay Rise?
- Workplace Stress Causing Problems in Majority of Workplaces
- UK ranks 3rd in Global Talent Competitiveness
- Majority of UK Workers Seeking New Role
- Office Workers want Flexible Hours
- Most Awkward Office Conversations Revealed!
- Over half of Brits admit to haggling over job offers!
- Developers Happy to take Pay Cut to contribute to Wider Business
- 22% of Candidates review their Interviewer’s Social Media
- Half of employers say Brexit will worsen skills gap
- Employers Neglecting Mental Health of Stressed Staff
- Job Vacancies Rise by 7.6%, as Market Strengthens
- Many Jobseekers Can’t Resist Lying on CVs
- Computer languages now earn you more than additional human language
- Jobs without a degree can pay more than £50,000
- Revealed: The pressures causing employees to act unethically in their workplace
- 60% of UK employees think they could better their boss