Majority of UK Workers Seeking New Role
New research suggests that the majority of UK workers (84.4%) are currently looking for a new role. The news comes from job board CV-Library, which also revealed that over a third of workers (35.8%) dislike their current job.
The study, which explored the attitudes of 1,500 UK workers, also found that this is a topic that is on workers’ minds more often than you’d think, with a third (35.1%) of workers admitting to thinking about quitting their job frequently or often.
The top ten reasons behind this include:
Bad management (47.3%)
Being underpaid (33%)
No development opportunities (31.2%)
Being undervalued (30.5%)
It’s boring (24.1%)
Poor work/life balance (21.3%)
Being too stressed (20.3%)
The workload is too high (17%)
Not liking their boss (11.3%)
Circle MD Steve Ricketts commented: "Many people make new years resolutions to look for a new job, and many people are disappointed about returning to work after the Christmas break, and so the time of year may have an impact on this survey. Even so, it is important for all employers to take the findings on board, especially those who recruit in IT, as supply and demand at present is certainly in favour of the candidate in many areas".
If you are looking for a new role and/or looking to replace a key leaver, speak to us today in confidence on 0345 210 3333.
- Facebook adopt Twitter hashtags
- Circle confirmed as No.1 advertiser in UK!
- Japanese recruitment giants are expanding
- Weird and wonderful questions asked in interviews!
- Circle to remain on the Cloud
- Criminal Records Check procedures deemed unlawful
- Number of UK Jobs Increases - again
- 2012/13 UK Recruitment Turnover Grows by 3%
- 25% of Recruiters Concerned by Skills Shortage
- Salary rises planned in 2014
- More than £30K to replace staff, report finds
- Circle partner with Rische Group for New Office Design
- Candidate Shortage as UK Recruitment Booms
- 1 in 3 Feel Boss Favours Those who put Work Before Family
- Recruiters React to Scottish No Vote
- London Vacancies up more than 50%
- Recruitment Industry Value hits All Time Peak
- Press Reaction to Circle New Office
- Circle achieve Investors in People award
- Investors in People choose Circle for Article on Strong Employer Brands
- Circle Endorses Consultants with IRP Accreditation
- Nearly Half of UK Business Suffering Skills Shortage
- UK Recruitment sees third year of growth
- Staff Availability Falls in August 2015
- Circle finish above BBC and ITV to win MediaCity Football League
- 55% of UK Businesses suffering Skills Shortage
- Work from Home, or Pay Rise?
- UK Sees Standout Job Growth in September
- Workplace Stress Causing Problems in Majority of Workplaces
- UK ranks 3rd in Global Talent Competitiveness
- Office Workers want Flexible Hours
- Most Awkward Office Conversations Revealed!
- Over half of Brits admit to haggling over job offers!
- Developers Happy to take Pay Cut to contribute to Wider Business
- 22% of Candidates review their Interviewer’s Social Media
- Half of employers say Brexit will worsen skills gap
- Employers Neglecting Mental Health of Stressed Staff
- Job Vacancies Rise by 7.6%, as Market Strengthens
- Many Jobseekers Can’t Resist Lying on CVs
- Computer languages now earn you more than additional human language
- Jobs without a degree can pay more than £50,000
- Revealed: The pressures causing employees to act unethically in their workplace
- 60% of UK employees think they could better their boss
- Brits spend up to 46% of their monthly salary on Christmas celebrations!
- Opening Christmas presents, or opening your inbox?
- The UK recruitment industry grew by 11% to £35.7 billion in 2017/18 despite ongoing Brexit uncertainty
- Research reveals the office traditions Brits want to get rid of this year!
- Survey reveals UK organisations suffer from ‘Non-Starter Syndrome'
- Nearly half of Brits don’t feel comfortable asking their employer for pay rise
- Top 10 Industries for Pay Right Now
- Average pay packets £3k higher than 2 years ago
- Circle now in Manchester City Centre
- Brits prefer new skills over pay rise or promotion this year
- Nearly two thirds of UK workforce want to change career path
- Do Employees Work Well from Home?
- UK Falling Behind in Global Skills Race?
- A third of UK office workers are still not offered flexible working
- One in two Brits looking to change jobs in 2020
- Top trends in Recruitment in 2020!
- The best cities for hiring in 2020
- Employers are looking into the future with confidence
- Demand for Tech Talent amid COVID-19
- How to Practice Wellbeing when Working from Home
- Virtual Pandemic Recruitment methods will remain post-COVID
- Do Brits enjoy their Commute?
- 59% of Brits willing to Retrain in a new line of Work
- Working from Home: How Productive is your City?
- June 2020 see Record Number of New Companies
- Nearly half of employees finding working from home harder than being in the office
- How working from home has increased our dependency on decent WiFi