Do Employees Work Well from Home?
Do your employees work well from home? According to a new study from CV-Library, nearly a third (31%) of Brits admit to slacking off when working away from the office, despite 60% suggesting that they’d be more likely to accept a job offer if remote working was included.
The study, which surveyed 2,000 UK professionals, reveals that only 30% of professionals are allowed to work remotely, with 21% saying that their current employer doesn’t trust them to work from home.
The findings suggest that bosses might be on to something, particularly when it comes to the younger generation. In fact, 18-24-year-olds are most likely to slack off when working at home (58.3%) followed by 25-34 year olds (44.1%). When asked what their biggest distractions are, employees cite the following:
Household chores – 26%
The people you live with – 21.9%
Television – 21.9%
Childcare – 19.2%
Other errands – 15.1%
Steve Ricketts, Circle Managing Director comments: "Whilst remote working is undoubtedly a desirable perk, it is important for employers to find balance between offering a desirable position and maintaining productivity levels. At Circle, we allow home working to our staff where performance warrants it, and should the performance not continue to warrant it, the perk is temporarily removed, which helps ensure that our productivity remains strong. The ability to work from home is certainly popular in our sector, especially as we are one of a very small percentage of recruitment agencies that offer it".
- Facebook adopt Twitter hashtags
- Circle confirmed as No.1 advertiser in UK!
- Japanese recruitment giants are expanding
- Weird and wonderful questions asked in interviews!
- Circle to remain on the Cloud
- Criminal Records Check procedures deemed unlawful
- Number of UK Jobs Increases - again
- 2012/13 UK Recruitment Turnover Grows by 3%
- 25% of Recruiters Concerned by Skills Shortage
- Salary rises planned in 2014
- More than £30K to replace staff, report finds
- Circle partner with Rische Group for New Office Design
- Candidate Shortage as UK Recruitment Booms
- 1 in 3 Feel Boss Favours Those who put Work Before Family
- Recruiters React to Scottish No Vote
- London Vacancies up more than 50%
- Recruitment Industry Value hits All Time Peak
- Press Reaction to Circle New Office
- Circle achieve Investors in People award
- Investors in People choose Circle for Article on Strong Employer Brands
- Circle Endorses Consultants with IRP Accreditation
- Nearly Half of UK Business Suffering Skills Shortage
- UK Recruitment sees third year of growth
- Staff Availability Falls in August 2015
- Circle finish above BBC and ITV to win MediaCity Football League
- 55% of UK Businesses suffering Skills Shortage
- Work from Home, or Pay Rise?
- UK Sees Standout Job Growth in September
- Workplace Stress Causing Problems in Majority of Workplaces
- UK ranks 3rd in Global Talent Competitiveness
- Majority of UK Workers Seeking New Role
- Office Workers want Flexible Hours
- Most Awkward Office Conversations Revealed!
- Over half of Brits admit to haggling over job offers!
- Developers Happy to take Pay Cut to contribute to Wider Business
- 22% of Candidates review their Interviewer’s Social Media
- Half of employers say Brexit will worsen skills gap
- Employers Neglecting Mental Health of Stressed Staff
- Job Vacancies Rise by 7.6%, as Market Strengthens
- Many Jobseekers Can’t Resist Lying on CVs
- Computer languages now earn you more than additional human language
- Jobs without a degree can pay more than £50,000
- Revealed: The pressures causing employees to act unethically in their workplace
- 60% of UK employees think they could better their boss
- Brits spend up to 46% of their monthly salary on Christmas celebrations!
- Opening Christmas presents, or opening your inbox?
- The UK recruitment industry grew by 11% to £35.7 billion in 2017/18 despite ongoing Brexit uncertainty
- Research reveals the office traditions Brits want to get rid of this year!
- Survey reveals UK organisations suffer from ‘Non-Starter Syndrome'
- Nearly half of Brits don’t feel comfortable asking their employer for pay rise
- Top 10 Industries for Pay Right Now
- Average pay packets £3k higher than 2 years ago
- Circle now in Manchester City Centre
- Brits prefer new skills over pay rise or promotion this year
- Nearly two thirds of UK workforce want to change career path
- UK Falling Behind in Global Skills Race?
- A third of UK office workers are still not offered flexible working
- One in two Brits looking to change jobs in 2020
- Top trends in Recruitment in 2020!
- The best cities for hiring in 2020
- Employers are looking into the future with confidence
- Demand for Tech Talent amid COVID-19
- How to Practice Wellbeing when Working from Home
- Virtual Pandemic Recruitment methods will remain post-COVID
- Do Brits enjoy their Commute?
- 59% of Brits willing to Retrain in a new line of Work
- Working from Home: How Productive is your City?
- June 2020 see Record Number of New Companies
- Nearly half of employees finding working from home harder than being in the office
- How working from home has increased our dependency on decent WiFi
- How much Brits could have Saved Working from Home