Job Vacancies Rise by 7.6%, as Market Strengthens
It’s clear that businesses are looking to freshen up their workforce this spring, with job vacancies increasing by 7.6% across the UK last month. That’s according to the latest statistics from CV-Library, which compared data from March 2018, with February 2018.
The data explored fluctuations in pay, jobs and applications throughout March and the findings suggest that businesses across the nation were feeling confident last month. In fact, advertised jobs in some of the UK’s key cities witnessed stand out growth in March. The top cities for job growth include:
Aberdeen – jobs up 18.4%
Liverpool – jobs up 14.8%
Sheffield – jobs up 14.8%
Glasgow – jobs up 12.3%
Cardiff – jobs up 11.2%
Hull – jobs up 11%
Portsmouth – jobs up 10.8%
Bristol – jobs up 10.5%
Manchester – jobs up 10.5%
London jobs up 9.1%
Some of the UK’s leading industries also saw strong job growth last month, with education (17.5%), catering (17.1%), retail (15.7%), legal (13.6%) and marketing (11.3%) vacancies all rising in March.
Post by Katrina Rajah April 17 2018 Categories: Recruitment
- Facebook adopt Twitter hashtags
- Circle confirmed as No.1 advertiser in UK!
- Japanese recruitment giants are expanding
- Weird and wonderful questions asked in interviews!
- Circle to remain on the Cloud
- Criminal Records Check procedures deemed unlawful
- Number of UK Jobs Increases - again
- 2012/13 UK Recruitment Turnover Grows by 3%
- 25% of Recruiters Concerned by Skills Shortage
- Salary rises planned in 2014
- More than £30K to replace staff, report finds
- Circle partner with Rische Group for New Office Design
- Candidate Shortage as UK Recruitment Booms
- 1 in 3 Feel Boss Favours Those who put Work Before Family
- Recruiters React to Scottish No Vote
- London Vacancies up more than 50%
- Recruitment Industry Value hits All Time Peak
- Press Reaction to Circle New Office
- Circle achieve Investors in People award
- Investors in People choose Circle for Article on Strong Employer Brands
- Circle Endorses Consultants with IRP Accreditation
- Nearly Half of UK Business Suffering Skills Shortage
- UK Recruitment sees third year of growth
- Staff Availability Falls in August 2015
- 55% of UK Businesses suffering Skills Shortage
- Work from Home, or Pay Rise?
- UK Sees Standout Job Growth in September
- Workplace Stress Causing Problems in Majority of Workplaces
- UK ranks 3rd in Global Talent Competitiveness
- Majority of UK Workers Seeking New Role
- Office Workers want Flexible Hours
- Over half of Brits admit to haggling over job offers!
- 22% of Candidates review their Interviewer’s Social Media
- Half of employers say Brexit will worsen skills gap
- Employers Neglecting Mental Health of Stressed Staff
- Many Jobseekers Can’t Resist Lying on CVs
- Computer languages now earn you more than additional human language
- Jobs without a degree can pay more than £50,000
- Revealed: The pressures causing employees to act unethically in their workplace
- The UK recruitment industry grew by 11% to £35.7 billion in 2017/18 despite ongoing Brexit uncertainty
- Research reveals the office traditions Brits want to get rid of this year!
- Survey reveals UK organisations suffer from ‘Non-Starter Syndrome'
- Nearly half of Brits don’t feel comfortable asking their employer for pay rise
- Top 10 Industries for Pay Right Now
- Average pay packets £3k higher than 2 years ago
- Do Employees Work Well from Home?
- UK Falling Behind in Global Skills Race?
- A third of UK office workers are still not offered flexible working
- One in two Brits looking to change jobs in 2020
- Top trends in Recruitment in 2020!
- The best cities for hiring in 2020
- Employers are looking into the future with confidence
- Working from Home: How Productive is your City?
- Nearly half of employees finding working from home harder than being in the office