Senior Project Manager with excellent delivery experience of defence projects, is required by consultancy working with some of the biggest government, infrastructure, defence, and security projects in the UK.
This is a 6 month contract, inside IR35.
Due to the nature of this role working on projects in defence, you will need to be eligible for or currently hold SC clearance.
This role will involve IT systems and services project delivery, using both agile and traditional methodologies. The Senior Project Manager should have experience in project delivery in Defence, an understanding of acquisition and approvals practice within Defence, experience in the ITIL Service Management lifecycle, and experience of both traditional project management and SAFe Agile practices.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong experience in project delivery in Defence, with proven experience in design, delivery and support of IT systems projects
- Ability to act in a client-advisory role and relationship manager
- Experience of leading and motivating teams towards successful delivery
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Leading project delivery on behalf of the Project Management team
- Production of project management documentation and acquisition products, and overseeing of all technical
- Ensuring the following of Defence commercial processes and best practice
- Strong relationship management with key stakeholders in Defence, customers and industry partners
- Ensuring projects are completed to a high level of quality and client satisfaction
- Prior experience of IT delivery in Defence is highly desirable
- Experience of working in the Defence acquisition environment is strongly preferred, and familiarity with Defence systems at higher classifications is important
This role will offer flexible hybrid working. You will need to be able to access offices in either Corsham or Bristol.
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.