Senior Cyber Security Consultant - Defence
Senior Cyber Security Consultant with experience in the Defence industry is required by a global civil engineering company. You must have a wide awareness of Cyber Security across Government and Defence Industry to include HMG Information, Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines, including the Security Policy Framework, the CESG IA Portfolio and MoD JSPs such as JSP440, JSP604 (plus other standard MoD IA methods).
- Experience of delivering technical Cyber Security consultancy in multi-disciplined environments.
- Experience of Information Assurance, including risk assessments, risk management and the deployment of appropriate controls.
- Ability to articulate and pitch Cyber Security advice both at a technical and non-technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders.
- Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure that delivers security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to work both effectively individually and within a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
- A wide awareness of Cyber Security across Government and Industry to include HMG Information, Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines, including the Security Policy Framework, the CESG IA Portfolio and MoD JSPs such as JSP440, JSP604 (plus other standard MoD IA methods).
- Certifications such as ISO27000, NIST Cyber Security Professional, CISMP etc.
- Certified Information Security Manager Principles (CISMP) or equivalent.
- Associate/Full Membership of recognised security professional body such as the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP), IS2, BCS.
- Understanding of 'Secure by Design' methodology and NIST 800-37 Risk Management Framework.
- A keen interest in the latest technology with a focus on security technologies.
Your key responsibilities will encompass the following -
- Provide Cyber Security advice and guidance for defence clients in 'business as usual', technical refresh and new project environments.
- Be able to apply technical security knowledge, with creative and innovative thinking in a broad range of complex and non-routine contexts.
- Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements.
- Use knowledge of Defence security policy and process to enable successful security outcomes of managed systems.
- Conduct and manage security assurance activities of Defence systems, ensuring compliance with Defence, corporate or regulatory requirements and secure use in operational environments.
- Perform Cyber Security risk assessments, determining the most cost-effective deployment of security controls and solutions in line with business risk appetite, protecting information assets from loss misuse, leakage, or corruption.
- Create, update or review security related artefacts and policies, such as RMADS, Security Cases, Security Aspects Letters, SyOPs etc.
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services we deliver.
The role is flexible in terms of remote working and looking to pay a salary of between £55,000 - £72,000 + Bonus + Healthcare + 10% Pension.
To apply, press apply now or send your CV to matthew.leach @ Circlerecruitment.com
Keyword: - Senior / Lead Cyber Security Consultant - Operational Technology -- Cyber Security - HMG Information, Assurance Policies - Security Policy Framework, - CESG IA Portfolio and MoD JSPs - JSP440, JSP604 (plus other standard MoD IA methods).- UK wide
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.