£500 - £600/Day Inside IR35
We are seeking a Procurement Officer for our Government client based in either London or East Kilbride. This role will be office based 2 days per week and the remainder remote.
The Procurement Officer role will be an initial 6 month contract paying between £500 - £600/Day Inside IR35.
This role is inside IR35 - Due to the service of the role it will now be based on an Umbrella solution.
- Procurement Managers with experience in Construction
* Knowledgeable with NEC4 Contracts
* Beneficial if they have experience in Global/Overseas procurements
* Ability to manage a portfolio of contracts in a complex project environment
- The role holder will lead complex procurements and a small team of commercial specialists. The role will deliver best-in-class procurement across their global estate evolving our service offering from a transactional to a strategic enabling function that delivers commercial assurance to the wider Department.
* The role requires an inspiring individual who has in-depth understanding and experience of delivering complex procurements (end to end) in compliance with regulations in a global setting whilst navigating complex industries and market trends, as well as, driving supply chain excellence across the procurement whole life cycle (category strategies, Delivery Model Assessments, sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management).
* Additionally, the role will develop and maintain a pipeline of activity for the area of responsibility, supporting the development and delivery of complex and novel commercial projects. Review and challenge sourcing strategies, where appropriate, to improve outcomes.
* Significant engagement with stakeholders will be required that include Regional Platform, Procurement Hubs, Policy, Directors, Specialist Representative Organisation, and Supply Chains to ensure that commercials service offering is translated into outcomes that is aligned to wider government and targets.
* Lead development of Category strategies through the category management cycle from understanding their starting point in terms of spend, suppliers and estate portfolio through to developing options appraisals and mobilising sourcing projects in collaboration with Key stakeholders across the Global Estate.
* Influence senior stakeholders, effecting governance both internal and external
* Implement and deliver the opportunities outlined in the Estates Category Forward Plans, including engaging and managing stakeholders, resources, internal and external dependencies; and transition plans and timelines.
* Lead the development of category expertise and knowledge to deliver category plans and strategies in collaboration with global posts / leaders and drive local, regional and global supply chain trends and strategies that deliver high quality commercial procurement outcomes, whilst ensuring value for money.
* Deliver complex procurements, ensuring high quality commercial arrangements, with robust specifications, Terms and Conditions, management principles, and measures developed in accordance with the selected route to market, taking cognisance of procurement legislation, Government policy, Government guidance such as the sourcing and construction playbooks and departmental policies and guidance.
* Deliver annually agreed savings target for the estates category portfolio through performance management of Commercial Estates teams, suppliers and working collaboratively with stakeholders.
Strong Contract management knowledge across some of the major standard forms of contract in use for example, (NEC, FIDIC, JCT).
* Provide leadership and direction to a small team of commercial specialist developing a professional culture, commercial capability and skills that empower our people through coaching, mentoring, sharing expertise/knowledge and bespoke training plans aligned to Cabinet Office playbooks and promoting succession pathways.
* Develop and manage supplier performance and relationships; advising and supporting Senior Management on key commercial issues.
* Deliver stakeholder engagement plans that embeds effective business partnering driving long term strategic relationship management that ensures the optimum support, advice and delivery drives outcomes that ensures they can be efficient and agile to deliver against its mission.
Implement commercial governance for the Estates Services in compliance with spend controls and present to the appropriate governance boards, and externally forums as required.
If you are interested in the above role - Click the "Apply Now" button now for immediate review
Procurement Officer, PROCUREMENT MANAGER, Procurement Officer, COMMERCIAL OFFICER, COMMERCIAL MANAGER, Procurement Officer, PROCUREMENT, NEC CONTRACTS, CONSTRUCTION, NEC 4, NEC4, SC CLEARANCE, SECURITY CLEARED, Procurement Officer
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.