Principal / Lead SOC security analyst - Fully remote (in the UK Only) daytimes only. £75k + Excellent bonus, hols, pension, training budget.
I'm a security specialist recruiter, looking for a skilled technical and business-savvy SOC senior / Technical Security analyst who MUST be resident and eligible to work in the UK, unsupported by a visa.
This is a really unusual and varied role, that can take you into the inner workings of a large (currently) internally-facing SOC, where opportunity and growth is quite literally unlimited. The team is responsible for more than just transactional detect and respond, like you might find in a commercial / 3rd party SOC. They are embedded with a few of their 'clients' in a deeper capacity, in some cases as the security SME, involved with engineering and automation, as well as assisting with common security 'growing pains' as they mature their operations and infrastructures.
You'll be able to take advantage of excellent pkg and conditions like:
- Fully remote work for a technical progressive organisation, with no night/late shifts!
- Empowerment to learn and specialise in IR, DevSecOps and more, with paid licenses in offensive training to supplement your blue team skills
- Absolutely UNHEARD of holiday allowance.
- 15% bonus
- Private Health and pension
This senior position in the team will ideally have upwards of 5 years in a SOC environment, perhaps with some earlier experience in engineering, hands on with common SIEMs, networks, infrastructures and will be capable of acting in a 3rd tier capacity, perhaps even crossing into incident response occasionally. Looking at these escalated incidents from the team will only occupy around 20/30% of your time, with the rest spent on some strategic and preparatory activity, like smart and thoughtful automation of common processes, cleaning up the quality of logs, talking to stakeholders inside the group about service levels, roadblocks, upcoming changes, new and emerging threats etc, and growing knowledge in the team and guidance of less senior members.
Quick overview of the things we'd love to see on a CV
- At least 5 years of Cyber / SOC / Defensive security and hands on.
- Maybe SANS, or other Blue Team Certifications
- Perhaps a few years of deeply technical hands on around Infrastructure, Linux, System Admin, maybe some time spent in CLOUD borne SIEM
- Azure, AWS, scripting and automation skills, KQL, Python, Architecture of feeds /logs, SOAR
- Some strong t3 / Incident response experience
- Knowledge share / mentoring and guidance for less senior members of the team
You'd be reporting into a technical person, so you won't be saddled with the responsibility and burden of trying to explain the value of what you do to disinterested suits, who only see you as a cost on a spreadsheet. The organisation is growing from strength to strength, and with the backing of a very solid, broad investment that has seen them make NO redundancies through Covid, or more recently through market pressures. They've continued to grow and have excited a lot of prospective candidates in the journey.
I'm on LinkedIn and happy to connect to UK eligible security candidates. Due to the volume of overseas candidates i cannot accept invites from inelligible job seekers. I'm available on security ( aT ) Circlerecruitment ( dOt ) cOm as well if you don't want to upload a CV. Thanks for reading, Tariq Dirania
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.