Lead Policy Advisor
£500-£550/per day inside IR35
Until March 2024
We are seeking a Lead Policy Advisor for our government client, based in London. This role is site based 5 days per week with no remote working.
The Lead Policy Advisor role will run until 1st March 2024 paying between £500-£550/per day inside IR35.
This role is inside IR35 - Due to the service of the role it will now be based on an Umbrella solution.
- This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in cross government policy for Digital Transformation; ensuring we keep the country safe by maximising the opportunities that come from adopting our new hybrid cloud infrastructure securely and compliantly
- You will be responsible for managing relationships, advocating and connecting OGD and the client's stakeholders. You will make decisions and contribute to cross government policy development with the delegated authority to act on behalf of the client
- The post will ensure the client's requirements are represented and act as the lead for ensuring the policy is coherent, aligned and where required amended to meet the requirements
- You will act as the single conduit for draft OGD policy review and ensure the policy is signed off with the appropriate stakeholder
- You will be required to understand the organisational structures, routes for policy approval and be able to quickly identify stakeholders should support be required
- You will achieve fast-paced results and have a strong focus on customer value. You'll also have strong communication skills and an appreciation of how cloud technologies benefit business outcomes and the value of effective information and data management and the policies that support this. You will work flexibly and collaboratively across the government.
- You will be comfortable working with colleagues from different backgrounds and organisations working towards a common goal.
- An individual with a policy background is preferable, but knowledge of structures, processes and organisations is more important to connect policy stakeholders. It is not envisaged this role will be creating policy in isolation
- Leadership & Delivery - Lead activity and engagement. Work with stakeholders to ensure requirements are considered. Champion the use of best practice and provide expert advice for policy alignment and adoption
- Change Planning - Establish and maintain the policy release and review process, reporting as required
- Business Readiness - Work with stakeholders to identify blockers or concerns with policy. Work collaboratively to progress issues and prepare for policy implementation
- Change Communication - Be prepared to brief senior leadership on progress and provide input to stakeholder forums
- Stakeholder Management - Identify and classify stakeholders, ensure their inclusion in stakeholder engagement plan. Act as point of contact for larger pool / more senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication
- Deep understanding of policy drafting
If you are interested in above role - Click the "Apply Now" button for immediate review
Lead Policy Advisor, Policy Advisor, Project Manager, Stakeholder Manager, Stakeholder Management, Lead Policy Advisor, Communications Specialist, Policy Advisor, Policy Specialist, Policy Lead, Policy Consultant, Policy Officer, Lead Policy Advisor, Policy Drafter, DV Clearance, Lead Policy Manager, Lead Policy Advisor
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.