Lead Java Software Engineer - Manchester - Java, AWS, Docker, ElasticSearch, Spring Boot
Lead Java Software Engineer with Java development experience is required by a global consultancy, as part of a Software Engineering team of 60+. - Will offer Home working also
This is role can be based anywhere in the UK, but you must be prepared to one of their many local offices / client sites at least once a week. You must have lived in the UK for at least 5 years are you need to eligible for SC clearance. (Don't need to hold it currently)
This is an exciting & challenging time and they are looking for a lead engineer with a strong mix of Java, web and application experience to help them accelerate the delivery of their next generation of products.
- Strong experience in Java & building customer-focused sites / back end application development
- Developing highly available, performant RESTful APIs
- Agile methodologies
- Using TDD (or similar) to deliver high-quality solutions
- Ideally some cloud experience AWS or Azure
This Lead Engineer role is fundamental to the business. While also building amazing solutions with cutting edge technology, you'll also play role in forming the teams, the culture & shaping how they operate as a technology function. Areas of the role include:
- Lead a team of software engineers, who are responsible for the new customer-facing features & solutions.
- Help create and push and true Agile and DevOps culture throughout the software engineering function
- Be that product expert, providing technical leadership and ultimately acting as the technical authority for key decisions across the business
- Contribute to the development of the application and hardware strategy as well as the implementation of new features.
- Work closely with the product and delivery teams to release features on the right schedule.
- Drive continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
If you are feeling stagnated in your current software team, or want to progress to a true lead role then this could be the exact kind of role you are looking for.
My client is looking to pay a starting salary of between £65,000 - £85,000 + Flexible working + Homeworking. To apply press apply now or send your CV to matthew.leach @ circlerecruitment.com
The role can be located in a number of locations including Bristol, Cheltenham, Birmingham, London, Cambridge, Epsom, Leeds, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield etc
Feel free to add me on LinkedIn if you want to set up an informal and confidential chat before applying
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.