IT Systems Developer - Finance - Leeds - Hybrid Working
IT Systems Developer - Finance with excellent troubleshooting, some finance systems, and analysis skills, is required by a leading law firm in Leeds. The role can be Hybrid working, 2 days in the office, 3 days working from home.
This role would be a great fit for someone with experience as a Legal PA or in a similar role within finance, looking to transition into an IT role, as the position will offer excellent training on the technical side of things and will be a chance for you to gain the skills you would need for a career in IT. You will have a personalized training plan to allow you to develop your skills and progress into senior positions in the future, or into different areas of IT or data if desired.
Joining the IT Solutions team, you will be responsible for configuring financial software and ensuring that the finance business solutions deliver their full potential.
In this role, you will be responsible for looking after specific products and systems within finance, so experience and/or knowledge around finance would be ideal so that you can confidently communicate between the Finance and IT Business Solutions teams. The department is currently delivering a portfolio of projects relating to new technologies for the firm and you will have responsibility for the maintenance, configuration, and upgrading of Aderant Expert systems.
- Technical graduate (or equivalent) with experience in a similar applications role would be ideal
- Knowledge of Aderant Expert would be a bonus
- Experience with EA Pro, Design studio, Docudraft, and billing workflows and rates
- Knowledge of SQL and SSRS would be advantageous
- Ability to manage small to medium projects through into service transition and happy to take a "product owner" approach to systems
- Understanding of processes and how to successfully implement process change, ideally within a legal environment, whilst understanding the challenges faced by the firm and its clients and developing solutions
- Ability to experiment and explore new ways of delivering technology solutions
- Ability to apply knowledge to new situations and environments
- Flexibility in the delivery approach to projects
- Maintaining documentation and adhering to change control procedures
- Ability to quickly gain credibility within the firm to help build relationships, manage expectations, and establish consensus within all stakeholder groups
- Support and development of the Practice Management System, Aderant Expert
- Assess problems, challenge processes and provide solutions and then implement them technically
- Management of finance support tickets
- Assist with training of the financial systems and processes
- Provide ad-hoc data requests to assist with finance queries
- Product ownership - taking responsibility for various finance processes right through the lifecycle, from design and development through to service transition and support
- Resolve and manage Aderant application change requests, both at the process and technical levels
- Building relationships with the IT Service Delivery team to understand pressures and analyse problems
- Assisting stakeholders with projects, and working with the team to ensure visions are technically achievable
- Assist throughout the IT team to help improve project documentation and governance of IT projects
My client is looking to pay a starting salary of £35,000-£40,000 + Benefits + Hybrid Working
Like to hear more?
Click apply now or send your current CV to - Matthew . Leach @ circlerecruitment . com
CV not up to date? Send an email or call Matthew for an informal discussion - 07790 357 932
Also, please feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
Keywords: Finance Systems Developer / Aderant / IT / Support / Legal / SQL / SSRS / business solutions / applications / Leeds
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.