IT Manager - Preston - Hybrid Working
IT Manager / Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer with hands on 3rd line IT infrastructure experience, IT management, knowledge of Windows Server, Networking & Virtualisation is required by a leading company based in Preston. You will oversee the companies IT infrastructure, managing a team of 2 people, but helping to grow this team due to huge business expansion.
This IT Manager role, is very much a hand on IT infrastructure Engineer role also, working at a 3rd line level, so it will suit a hands-on IT manager or a Senior / Lead Infrastructure Engineer wanting to take ownership of an IT environment. You shall be involved in a range of projects, including the IT fit of new sites across the UK. (You will be able to do this remotely)
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server, VMware, Azure, 365 and other cloud based platforms
- Cisco Meraki (SD-WAN) is a must
- Strong working knowledge of networking, inclusive of VLANs, routing, DNS, DHCP
- Understanding of VOIP technologies
- Experience of implementing new IT infrastructure in new locations
- Ability to manage a full IT infrastructure
- Proven ability to drive projects to completion and overcome obstacles
- Excellent ability to manage stakeholder expectations and be comfortable dealing with people at all levels
- Comfortable managing staff and giving open and honest feedback
Duties of the IT Manager include:
- Act as a point of escalation for the 2 IT Support Engineers in the team
- Support the growth of the business, including the implementation of IT on new sites.
- Lead on the migration of phone systems
- Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnose and solve hardware or software faults.
- Replace hardware components where applicable as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Provide cover for the 1st/2nd line IT helpdesk when needed
- Lead the IT teams of 2 IT engineers, but also help grow this team in the future
My client is looking to pay a starting salary of up to £55,000 + Benefits + Some Homeworking if needed. They are open for somebody to be in the office a couple of times a week if needed, the rest working from home. (could be even more flexible in terms of home working) To apply press apply now, or send your CV to matthew.leach @ circlerecruitment.com
Feel free to add me on LinkedIn or call me on 0161 877 9200
Keywords: IT Manager / Windows Server / Networking / VMware / Preston / Blackburn / Blackpool / Bolton
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.