IT Infrastructure Engineer - Liverpool
IT Systems Engineer with excellent experience 3rd line IT support around Azure cloud, Windows Server and VMware (VCentre) is required by a leading company based in central Liverpool. This is a key role within the business with a lot of varied projects ongoing. Due to the hands-on nature of the work, they require you to be in the office 2 days a week.
- 3rd line IT Infrastructure experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and up.
- Networking skills including packet capture, analysis and WAN topology setup and configuration and firewalls.
- Strong Virtualisation experience in VMware, including vCenter which is essential
- Experience in administering Office 365 (including Microsoft Teams) along with Microsoft Active Directory; GPO ADFS, Azure AD, etc.
If you have experience with the below this would be a bonus:
- Cloud-based wireless and wired network management solutions
- Experience building and deploying PC images e.g. via SCCM or Citrix Machine Creations Services as well as Endpoint management, MDM, SCCM, Intune
- Experience in LAN / WAN, routing and switching technologies such as MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VXLAN, VRF, Policy Based Routing, Linux
- Experience with Extreme Network / Avaya would be a bonus
Job role and responsibilities:
My client is looking for an IT Systems Engineer at a 3rd line level to work on a variety of projects on a portfolio of systems, and the development and maintenance of IT solutions to meet business requirements. Some of the projects include:
- They will be moving lots more to Azure and a private cloud,
- Storage Projects
- Network refresh and upgrades
- Infrastructure upgrades
- Distributed models for applications, so there will be a need for an extensive Azure infrastructure to be built.
- Lots of other smaller projects and collaboration with the wider IT team such as Business Analyst and Project Managers
Part of this role will be to challenge the senior members of the IT team to push the IT systems forward and come up with ideas. Lots of discrete projects on going, need to get buy-in from senior stakeholders. Chance to continue to upskill your current skill set
They have plans to grow this team a lot in the next 18 months, so there will be opportunities for this person to move into more senior positions, maybe on an architecture level or at a management level
My client is looking to pay a starting salary of between £45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits with 2 days working from. To apply press apply now, or email matthew.leach @ circlerecruitment.com or call on 0161 877 9200
Keywords: 3rd line IT Support / Infrastructure / Windows Server / Vmware / vCentre / Azure / Cloud / Networking / WAN / LAN / Firewalls / Liverpool / Chester / Warrington / North Wales / Southport / Wirral
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.