Information Security Officer - Cardiff
An Information Security Officer with excellent experience in, cyber security, and information security is required by a leading firm in Cardiff. Any experience with IT security standards such as ISO 27001 would be a big bonus. They offer 2 days working from home, and 3 days in the central Cardiff office.
- Essential 2+yrs experience in network, systems administration, cyber security or IT security role
- Have the ability to train others in the business around information security
- Ideally some experience in overseeing IT security policies and systems, including ISO 27001
- Working towards studying for an industry-recognised IT Security qualification
- Working with 3rd party suppliers
- Strong stakeholder management skills at various levels
Information Security Officer Role:
The Information Security Officer will work to implement and oversee IT security policies and systems, including working towards the certification of ISO27001. You should be one of the "go-to" people for all things IT security within the IT Team, and you should always be looking to improve your technical knowledge around the latest developments within the world of IT Security and Business Continuity
Part of this role will lean heavily toward training and developing training materials. A bridge between IT and staff at the firm. A list below of what the responsibilities will include -
- Attend team meetings to talk about the firm's security offerings and how they fit into staff's day-to-day working lives
- Attend team meetings to provide updates on the firm's monthly Cyber Security focus, phishing, passwords, statistics and general posture along with an overview of the threat landscape etc
- Be an ambassador for championing Cyber Security
- Work to help introduce, implement, and refine Information Security policies such as ISO27001
- Provide (face to face / remote) VIP partner 1-2-1 security focused training sessions
- Provide Class based security training sessions
- Provide Remedial class-based security training sessions for those who have been caught out by phishing emails, leaving their computers unlocked or generally failing to comply with the firm's cyber security polices
- Develop and deliver 'Lite Bite' open door, drop in Cyber Security training sessions
- Develop specific Information Security training materials
- Work to deliver Behavioural Change in terms of staff behaviours relating to Information Security and cyber security
- Work with 3rd party IT Security Consultants to identify staff who have been targeted by threat actors and provide additional testing and training
- Be committed to investing time into personal development specifically around, Information Security, Cyber Security and Behavioural Change
You will be expected to take a proactive part in all the team activities, whilst focusing on the key areas, of IT Security, Business Continuity, System Patching and Systems Monitoring across the whole business.
The IT Security team sits alongside the IT Infrastructure team, Software Development, and Service Desk teams. The company is going through an exciting period of technical growth, expanding as a whole, with many significant and cutting-edge technical projects in the pipeline for 2023 and beyond.
They are looking to pay a starting salary of between £40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits + Some home working. To apply press apply now or send your CV to matthew.leach @ circlerecruitment.com
Keywords: IT Security / Cyber Security / ISO 27001 / Information Security / Cardiff
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.