Information Security Officer - Cardiff
An Information Security Officer with excellent experience in network, systems administration, cyber security, or IT security is required by a leading firm in Cardiff. Any experience with IT security standards such as ISO 27001 would be a big bonus. They offer 2 days working from home, 3 days in the central Cardiff office
You will join a Cyber Security Operations (SecOps) function, which has full responsibility for the Monitoring, Patching and IT Security of the systems along with the backup solutions.
- Essential 2+yrs experience in network, systems administration, cyber security or IT security role
- Ideally some experience in overseeing IT security policies and systems, including ISO 27001
- Working towards studying for an industry-recognised IT Security qualification
- Good knowledge of technical solutions for MFA, password management, secure file transfer and encryption & current cyber security threat landscape
- Working with 3rd party suppliers
- Strong stakeholder management skills at various levels
- Experience of working in a Cisco & Microsoft environment would be beneficial as would working with Microsoft Azure.
Information Security Officer Role:
The Information Security Officer will work to implement and oversee IT security policies and systems, including working towards the certification of ISO27001. You should be one of the "go-to" people for all things IT security within the IT Team, and you should always be looking to improve your technical knowledge around the latest developments within the world of IT Security and Business Continuity
You will be expected to take a proactive part in all the team activities, whilst focusing on the key areas, of IT Security, Business Continuity, System Patching and Systems Monitoring across the whole business.
The IT Security team sits alongside the IT Infrastructure team, Software Development, and Service Desk teams. The company is going through an exciting period of technical growth, expanding as a whole, with many significant and cutting-edge technical projects in the pipeline for 2023 and beyond.
They are looking to pay a starting salary of between £40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits + Some home working. To apply press apply now or send your CV to matthew.leach @ circlerecruitment.com
Keywords: IT Security / Cyber Security / ISO 27001 / Networking / Patching / Systems / Cardiff
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.