DevOps Engineer - Azure - Hybrid working - Liverpool
DevOps Engineer with excellent experience in DevOps, Agile delivery, CI/CD & Azure is required by a company based in Liverpool. This role can be hybrid working, with 2 days in the office, and the rest working from home
It is the perfect chance to step into a DevOps role and take full ownership of the DevOps function. You could also come from a software engineering background and want to move across to a fully-fledged DevOps Engineer role
Are you an experienced IT professional with a strong background in DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)? Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technologies, driving agile methodologies, and implementing CI/CD practices? Do you have knowledge of infrastructure as code?
- Solid experience in a similar role, working on DevOps or SRE initiatives within complex IT environments with Software Engineering
- Proficiency in DevOps practices and related technologies, such as CI/CD pipelines & infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet or Bicep.
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban, and experience working in agile teams.
- Excellent knowledge of the Azure cloud platform
- Solid scripting and automation skills, using languages like Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., ELK Stack, Prometheus, Grafana) to ensure system reliability and performance.
- Familiarity with incident management and root cause analysis methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex issues and implement effective solutions.
- Providing technical guidance and support in implementing DevOps and SRE practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement CI/CD pipelines, ensuring efficient and reliable software delivery.
- Establish and maintain best practices for infrastructure automation, configuration management, and system monitoring.
- Drive the adoption of agile methodologies, promoting collaboration, transparency, and iterative development.
- Monitor system performance, identify bottlenecks, and implement proactive measures to enhance scalability and reliability.
- Implement robust incident response and disaster recovery procedures to minimize downtime and ensure business continuity.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies, evaluating their potential impact on our infrastructure and operations.
- Foster a culture of innovation, learning, and knowledge sharing within the team.
As the stand-alone DevOps Engineer, you will play a critical role in the organization, overseeing the implementation and management of new DevOps practices and driving operational excellence. This role is a new of its kind with the role split across the IT operations team and the digital teams. They are Serverless organisation with the aim to adopt the platform as a service in Azure
They offer a dynamic work environment while developing your skills and expertise. With a competitive salary of up to £60,000 this role is based in Liverpool, with the flexibility of working remotely 3 days a week.
If you are passionate about DevOps, SRE, and driving operational excellence, I would love to hear from you.
Salary is up to £60,000 per annum and excellent Pension. To apply press apply now, or send your CV to matthew.leach @ circlerecruitment.com. Feel free to add me on LinkedIn or call me on 0161 877 9200
Keywords: IT DevOps Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer Lead / Azure / CI/CD / Liverppol / Remote working
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.