Deputy Director of Asset Management
£700 - £800/Day Inside IR35
Until March 2024
We are seeking a Deputy Director of Asset Management for our client Government client. This role can be based in London/ Newcastle/ Leeds/ Birmingham/ Cardiff/ Sheffield/ Glasgow.
The Deputy Director of Asset Management role is an initial contract until 31/03/2024, paying between £700 - £800/Day Inside IR35.
This role is inside IR35 - Due to the service of the role it will now be based on an Umbrella solution.
- With over 200,000 assets across a large and complex portfolio, the role of Head of Asset Management will be responsible for the design and implementation of the property Asset Management strategy, planning investment strategies and implementing an approach to maximise the performance of the Estate's asset portfolio, aligned to ISO 55000, whilst ensuring the Authority meets the statutory and service required standards
- Leading the Asset Management Team, you will provide a strategic approach and foresight in developing and implementing strategies and policies, appraising options to support the Estates portfolio strategy to support continued investment or disposal across a wide and varied portfolio, through the application or alignment to ISO 55001 and industry best practices. The objective is that this will result in an optimisation of the asset portfolio for the Department's employees, customers and other stakeholders whilst at the same time maintaining the critical requirement of Statutory Compliance
- Leading the Asset Management team to deliver the Asset Management Strategy, in partnership with other DWP Estates stakeholders and supply chain partners, through the application or alignment to ISO 55001 and establishing compliance of assets across the Estate
- Accountable for the development of the annual operating plan / budgets for Hard FM/Lifts, working closely with the Department's Finance Business Partners to ensure robust and accurate financial management and reporting
- Accountable for the appropriate performance metrics / KPIs to accurately reflect the desired capabilities and requirements related to the Hard FM/Lift suppliers, working closely with Project teams, Service Delivery and Project H&S team to obtain operational insights
- Driving innovation, industry and Government best practice to strategically inform and positively steer continual improvement
- Work collaboratively with the Sustainability team to implement the Departmental sustainability, carbon and water management plans through asset management sustainability initiatives to achieve GGC targets and the Governments 2050 Net Zero Carbon commitment. Influence key stake holders to drive improvements through the work across Estates, the wider Company and supply chain partners
- Fosters the professional development of all Asset Management staff, being responsible for managing performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and wider team
- Monitors and audits technical competency throughout the Department and through Supply Chain members and their sub-contractors, ensuring that technical/engineering decisions are made by the right people
- Significant experience of working at senior level management within asset management within a large commercial property portfolio, delivering continued investment or disposal across a wide and varied portfolio and focused on improving compliance
- Extensive and detailed understanding of asset management and planned preventative maintenance schedules within diverse range of portfolios (Corporate, multi occupied, frontline)
- Previous experiencing in developing and implementing asset management strategies for large complex organisations and property portfolios
- Up to date knowledge of the legislation and industry standards in relation to providing a safe Estate
- In depth knowledge of building asset types and their significance on legal compliance
- Financial management in relation to assets and forward thinking strategy
- Commercial awareness and astuteness connected with contractual obligations and interpretation with supply chain partners
- Ability to analyse significant amounts of data produced by computer aided facilities management systems supporting a large portfolio and identify opportunities or risk for the department
- Strong project management skills in relation to asset management and being persuasive in identifying key areas of work required
- Experienced of working with multiple stakeholders across a multi-site and complex estate
- Demonstrable experience in setting and implementing BIM / Information management strategies across a diverse estate portfolio
- CAFM knowledge
If you are interested in the above role - Click the "Apply Now" button now for immediate review
Deputy Director of Asset Management, asset manager, asset director, head of asset management, director of asset management, asset management lead, asset management consultant, asset management specialist, asset management adviser, asset management advisor, asset strategy manager, assets manager, head of assets, Deputy Director of Asset Management, Deputy Director of Asset Management, Asset management, MRICS, RICS, APM, CIBSE, IWFM, ASSET, ASSETS
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.