Opportunity: Database Specialist
Salary: £50 - £59.64 per hr (outside IR35)
Location: On site in Aldermaston (5x pw)
Contract Duration: 18 months
We are currently looking for a Database Specialist for our government client. This Database Specialist role is based full time on site in Aldermaston, 5 days per week. The contract for the Database Specialist position is initially for 18-months, offering an hourly rate within the range of £50 to £59.64, operating outside IR35.
Security Clearance: Developed Vetting (DV Clearance)
This role is outside IR35.
- Provide database and application support for Oracle / SQL Server databases, applications and tools.
- Deliver a service compliant with the Service Level Agreements and monitor Service Level Agreements to ensure that all supported services continue to operate in line with business requirements.
- Undertake problems investigation with supported services, ensuring that they are diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitor activity and trends against supported services and work with colleagues and customers to initiate regular exercises to optimise database performance.
- Develop and maintain database/application configurations and standards, ensuring that all standards are applied.
- Develop and support database interfaces, to ensure that data is managed and controlled appropriate to the classification of the data.
- Monitor, review and implement database security in-line with company policy and industry best practice.
- Identify and articulate risks associated with processing information within computer systems and networks in relation to supported services.
- Reviewing and applying database product patches, in line with vendor recommendations.
- Undertake the building, cloning and patching of support environments.
- Provide and maintain scripts to automate the monitoring and cloning of environments for quick and effective fault diagnosis.
- Maintain installations, upgrades and maintenance of the database server, applications and tools.
- Monitor database/application storage and growth trends, and initiate capacity management plans for supported services.
- Maintain the backup mechanism.
- Develop and test database recovery plans on a regular basis and initiate recovery procedures when necessary.
- Control and manage database changes or enhancements in line with current Change Control policies.
- The implementation of code releases and configuration changes throughout the system life cycle.
- Review relevant change and custom releases for risk and impact analysis as part of the whole team to ensure a robust and efficient production system.
- Create and maintain system/process documentation.
- Assist other roles such as Developers, Functional Consultants and users with technical issues.
- Ensures that account is taken of any relevant statutory or external regulations, standards and codes of good practice.
- Provide support to project delivery managers to upgrade, develop and implement new systems, applications and services appropriate to the role and to agreed timescales.
If you are interested in the above role, please click Apply Now and send a CV for immediate review.
Sc Cleared, Sc Clearance, Security Cleared, Security Clearance, Dv Cleared, Dv Clearance, Dv Check, Developed Vetted, Developed Vetting, Cleared To A High Government Standard, Security Check, Dv Strap, Security Vetting Clearance, Sc Level, Data Engineer, Database Engineer, Data Lead, Data Manager, Data Analyst, Database Analyst, Data Consultant, Data Specialist, Database Specialist, Data Scientist, Data Architect, Database Administrator, Systems Administrator, Database Admin, System Administrator, Systems Admin, Dba, System Engineer, Systems Engineer, Sql Administrator, Sql Admin, Database Architect, System Architect, Systems Architect, Application Specialist, Application Engineer, Application Admin, Application Administrator, Application Specialist
#vacancy #jobadvert #recruit #hiring #jobsearch #careers #talent #recruitment #job
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a better way for us to communicate, please do let us know.