Senior Data Protection Consultant
£80k plus great bens
I'm a security specialist recruiter looking to make contact with an experienced and capable Privacy and Security Consultant with a passion and proven track record in augmenting and implementing security frameworks and data protection for customers, for a progressive start-up cyber/technology company, with a particular emphasis in Government and Public Sector experience.
We're keen to talk to candidates who've worked with DPA / GDPR / 27001 (esp 27701) / NIST Privacy Risk Assessment Methodology with certs like CIPP/E or CIPM. Ideally you'll need some experience applying these types of frameworks to operational situations, and enjoy spotting and overcoming roadblocks, challenges, and making ongoing and consistent improvements to risk reporting systems and remediation process.
You don't need to be a technical person, but you'll need understanding of what cloud, networks, infrastructure is, how it works, how data is stored and transmitted, and be able to talk the talk. We're not expecting you to be an engineer, but rather to be able to ask questions of technical people and understand principles and technical concepts.
If you're a more senior person with some commercial ability in client situations, able to develop and foster a 'trusted advisor' relationship, we would love to hear from you, or perhaps you're more 'delivery at the coalface' and that is STILL of interest.
Some of the great things about this role:
- Fully remote (UK only)
- Professional development and associated budget, time to grow and learn
- Flexible working for a commited and mature attitude
- A transparent career path, and plenty of room for growth
- Company bonus of 10% and pension, vision, rewards package
We're keen to talk to you esp. if you have..
- Experience of delivering risk management processes in technology businesses
- Experience with 27001, GDPR, NIST, Data Protection, esp in a government setting
- Implementing controls and keeping them updated, as the technology and processes develop
- Experience of reviewing and producing risk process and documentation to a high level
- Ability to explain risks to the business and customers in an accessible and actionable way
- A bit of a geeky interest in security and tech
- CIPP/E or CIPM certs
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the nature of some of the clients, you MUST be able to achieve UK Security clearance to at LEAST SC level, which usually means 5 years in the UK, and ideally British national, although there are some variations to this (please Google Gov SC Clearance requirements for more info)
I'm available on LinkedIn and you can email me directly should you not wish to apply through the job boards. Tariq ( dOt ) dirania ( aT ) circlerecruitment ( dOt ) com - Happy job hunting!
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.