£300 - £374/Day Inside IR35
London or Leeds
We are seeking a Commercial Officer for our Government client. The Hiring Manager will consider candidates UK wide - There will be some office attendance required in either London or Leeds, but frequency will be agreed prior to start. The Commercial Officer role will be an initial 6 month contract, paying between £300 - £374/Day Inside IR35.
This role is inside IR35 - Due to the service of the role it will now be based on an Umbrella solution.
- Identify and understand relevant legal and commercial terms, concepts, policies and processes (including project approvals and assurance procedures) to deliver agreed outcomes
- Gather and use evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of a wide range of delivery options when making commercial decisions
- Work with commercial experts in engaging effectively and intelligently with delivery partners in order to define and/or improve service delivery
- Consider, in consultation with commercial experts, alternative ways of working with partners and contractors to identify more efficient outcomes, balancing cost, quality and turnaround times
- Applying best practice contract management processes to ensure goods & services are delivered to the standards, performance and costs agreed in the contract. This will include developing, managing and maintaining contract management tools, in order to ensure that supplier performance, charges, service levels, obligations, risks, issues, and dependencies can be tracked and managed effectively at a day-to-day level
- Supporting the commercial lead in sourcing goods & services via the most appropriate and compliant route, such as CCS Frameworks, open competition, G-Cloud, GPC etc. Helping to draft, collate and issue tender documentation, managing the receipt of bids and supporting
- Coordinating and managing an effective contract change process: ensuring that the input of key Inquiry stakeholders is incorporated into change documentation; that the correct approvals are achieved at each stage; and accurate and structured records are kept, including a repository of authorised contract changes, a change log and evidence of approvals to support the audit trail
- Coordinating and implementing processes that authorise payment of contracted charges, including milestone payments and service charges, upon successful delivery by the supplier: liaising with the supplier to finalise the necessary documentation (e.g. milestone achievement certificates); obtaining the necessary approvals and signatures; maintaining accurate records and evidence of approvals to complete the audit trail
- Supporting the Inquiry finance team to enable timely receipting of goods and services; keep track of invoices pending and paid; and track financial performance against the contract
- Providing support to the Service Provider and Contract Review Board including scheduling meetings, issuing agendas and board packs, taking and issuing minutes, and generally ensuring that the Service Provider and Contract Review Board runs efficiently and effectively
- Fostering and maintaining a positive and effective working relationship with suppliers at a day-to-day level to ensure that they are incentivised and motivated to meet their obligations while the Inquiry meets its obligations in a timely manner (such as prompt receipting and payment upon satisfactory delivery of goods and services)
- Collating financial information about contracts and providing input to, and assurance of, financial forecasts and business plans produced by the Inquiry finance team
- Some working knowledge of public sector procurement rules, policies and guidance including OJEU procurement processes
- Experience of commercial & contract management processes such as contract change process, milestone achievement, service levels and service credits
- Experience of running procurement exercises (including via CCS Frameworks & G-Cloud)
- Confidence with figures including pricing and financial forecasts, and a working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to identify and flag issues or potential barriers to delivery
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly by supporting other functions within the Inquiry as appropriate
- CIPS qualifications or equivalent (or working towards such a qualification) and/or IACCM qualified.
If you are interested in the above role - Click the "Apply Now" button now for immediate review
COMMERCIAL OFFICER,COMMERCIAL MANAGER, PROCUREMENT OFFICER, COMMERCIAL OFFICER , PROCUREMENT MANAGER, CONTRACT OFICER, COMMERCIAL OFFICER ,CONTRACTS OFFICER, CONTRACT MANAGER, CONTRACTS MANAGER, COMMERCIAL OFFICER, SC CLEARED, SECURITY CLEARED, SECURITY CLEARANCE, GOVERNMENT, CCS, G-CLOUD, CONTRACT MANAGEMENT, PROCUREMENT, OJEU
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.