£600 - £650/Day Inside IR35
We are seeking a Commercial Manager for our Government client based in London. This role will be predominantly remote, however, attendance to the London office as and when required is expected.
The Commercial Manager role will be an initial 6 month contract paying between £600 - £650/Day Inside IR35.
This role is inside IR35 - Due to the service of the role it will now be based on an Umbrella solution.
- This role is located within the Programme Delivery Commercial Team, which sits in the Commercial Department.
* Supporting projects in their respective portfolios where they are business partners and have developed relationships with programme teams to deliver commercial contracts in support of programming requirements.
* Lead procurement projects: support the drafting of specifications, contracts and managing the Invitation to Tender (ITT) and evaluation processes using the eProcurement platform Jaggaer.
* Maintain and support existing, or create new, networks with the respective programme teams, other government departments and the supply base to develop a relevant and up-to-date understanding of the category or programme of spend for the team.
* Be creative and innovative when developing and implementing service requirements for complex procurements to ensure value for money is achieved.
* Provide support on appropriate project governance including documentation, business cases and presenting cases to relevant boards.
* Support the pipeline of projects and contracts using the eProcurement platform to enable accurate and timely reporting.
* Support efforts to ensure continuity and consistency of approach across the programmes from project to project, using required tools, systems and processes such as e-sourcing tools to guide commercial activity and produce high quality commercial management information.
* Use tact and diplomacy in establishing, maintaining and developing high-level contacts in theorganisation, with other government departments and the relevant suppliers for the programme.
* Ensure high quality service delivery is provided to the local country or thematic Programme team, including stakeholder connectivity, pre-procurement market engagement and supplier selection.
* Develop market awareness for key categories, highlighting opportunities for innovation, value for money solutions and new ways of working to key business partners.
* Help resolve complex issues, including those that are perceived to be novel and contentious.
* Support initiatives to promote Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) within the programmes.
* Advise on supplier management for the category in question, using commercial management information to inform Commercial engagement with suppliers.
* Operational line management may be required.
You'll have relevant experience in:
* Understanding of Public Contracts Regulations (PCR) 2015
* Experience of delivering procurements in the public sector. This will include good commercial awareness and judgement with the ability to understand, control and mitigate risks
* Experience of running procurements and multiple projects at once
* Experience of Framework call offs
* Strong written and verbal communication and influencing skills with the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work at a fast pace and manage multiple conflicting priorities
* Strong problem solving skills with the ability to take decisions based on well thought out conclusions and recommendations.
Other desirable but not essential criteria:
* Understanding of The Defence and Security Public Contracts Regulations (DSPCR) 2011
* Security / International Interest
If you are interested in the above role - Click the "Apply Now" button now for immediate review
Commercial Manager, Commercial OFFICER, Commercial SPECIALIST, PROCUREMENT MNAGER, Commercial Manager, COMMERCIAL LEAD, Commercial Manager, PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST, Commercial Manager, PCR2015, GOVERNMENT, SC CLEARANCE, SECURITY CLEARANCE, CIPS, PROCUREMENT
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.