Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - AWS - Home Working - UK Wide
Cloud Infrastructrue Engineer with excellent Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience & scripting experience in Python or Powershell to play an important role in the development AWS hosted solutions. This role can be 100% remote working, so you can be based anywhere in the UK and they are a leading software company within the transport sector that have offices all across the world
You must have experience in building AWS IT infrastructure environments and utilising native Cloud features and functionality. You will l also closely with the engineering team, as well as the wider support teams
This is a new role for a company going through some huge Cloud / AWS transformation projects.
- Proven experience in building and supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments, with knowledge of and experience of using native AWS features.
- Agile experience would be great, as would DevSecOps or Devops knowledge
- Experience in server/network administration is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of scripting languages such as Powershell or python
- AWS Certification would be desirable (They can offer to put you on training for these)
- Experience with cloudformation, cdk or terraform, Splunk/Cloudwatch would be a bonus
At the moment a lot of their products are managed on their customer's infrastructure. That is changing so you will be working on migration projects, as they will be hosting the product on their own AWS cloud infrastructure, essentially taking on hosting.
- Technical support around the daily operation, maintenance and security of production and non-production environments
- Deploying solutions on the AWS platform and solving problems
- Advising and supporting the Engineering team as part of a DevSecOps culture to ensure operational excellence
- Creating and supporting CI/CD pipelines
The role has come about because at the moment, while they have some AWS skills in the team, but they want to expand their technical bandwidth in the team and bring in somebody with AWS skills. You will be part of transformation projects as well as improving their AWS cloud capabilities, they also want this person to help capture and utilise cloud-native technology.
Flexible working is on offer, with the chance to be 100% remote working if needed. There will be training opportunities in AWS to gain more certifications
My client is looking to pay a starting salary of up to £60,000 + Benefits + 100% Homeworking if needed. To apply press apply now, or send your CV to matthew.leach @ circlerecruitment.com
Feel free to add me on LinkedIn or call me on 0161 877 9200
Keywords: Cloud Engineer - AWS - Amazon Web Services - DevOps - Powershell / Python / Manchester / Leeds / Birmingham / London / Bristol
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.