Chief Information Security Officer
£Market Rates/Day Inside IR35
We are seeking a Chief Information Security Officer for our Government client, which can be based in London, Milton Keynes or East Kilbride. This role will be office based 2-3 days per week and the remainder remote, and there may be potential travel between the three sites when needed.
The Chief Information Security Officer role will be an initial 6 month contract paying market rates inside IR35.
This role is inside IR35 - Due to the service of the role it will now be based on an Umbrella solution.
- This role reports to the Chief Digital and Information Officer (CDIO) and will be a member of the Information and Digital Directorate (IDD) senior leadership team, supporting the CDIO with the collective leadership of the Directorate
- As Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) you will support the safe and secure delivery of UK Foreign Policy and Development aims, playing your part in major global events. You will lead their operational cyber security effort, working with a team of information management and cyber security professionals to provide support, advice, challenge, assurance and continual improvement to the Department on information and cyber risk and the protection of their data, infrastructure and assets both in the UK and our overseas network
- Team, collective and professional leadership, including supporting the development of specialist skills
- Establishing governance, building knowledge and networks and with their partners across government
- Leading and communicating on information security with senior stakeholders, helping to inform and enable risk owners to fulfil their role
- Developing and deploying role-appropriate advice and risk-mitigation guidance for all staff and partners on our platform
- Setting policy direction and developing their information and cyber security strategy
- Developing and enhancing our information security management framework and working with colleagues to develop and agree technology standards
- Leading continuous assessment of vulnerabilities to ensure policies are deployed, revised and overseen effectively
- Demonstrable and practical experience at a senior level, in public or private sector, of working in a combination of risk management, information security and IT roles
- Experience of leading and motivating large teams against a challenging resource background
- Proven ability to understand complex user and technology needs and provide contextualised security advice or direction to allow those needs to be met securely through operational security arrangements
- Demonstrable experience of setting standards and the development of procedures that deliver end-to-end, tightly monitored environments including in complex organisations
- Experience of leading transformation programmes inside/outside government, ideally featuring an international dimension
- Awareness and understanding of modern, industry standard security issues and processes, HMG security frameworks and knowledge of common information security management frameworks
- Understanding of supply chain risks and implications e.g. awareness of software supply chain challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate information security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels, ranging from Ministers to board members and technical specialists
If you are interested in the above role - Click the "Apply Now" button now for immediate review
Chief Information Security Officer, CISO, Chief Information Security Officer, Security, Chief Information Security Officer, Risk, Chief Information Security Officer, DV Clearance, Developed Vetting
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a better way for us to communicate, please do let us know.